Engage in Exciting Problems
The CS@Mines High School Programming Competition is a competition for high school students to write programs that solve problems.
Our programming competition is modelled after well-known college-level competitions such as ICPC, but we make an inviting set of problems suitable for high school students.
Starting in the 2024 competition, we will have three tracks, in the form of in-person beginner and advanced competitions, and an open to anyone, all difficulty virtual division.
2024 Date TBA
Mines is a public research university focused on science and engineering, located in Golden, Colorado.
HSPC is organized and run by Mines ACM volunteers with funding from CS@Mines.
In the 2023 competition, we were pleased to host:
- 39 different schools, 18 returning schools
- 7 different states (CO, NJ, NY, MI, IL, CA, MA)
- 48 teams in the beginner division
- 33 teams in the advanced division
- 37 in-person teams (about 120 competitors)
- 44 virtual teams (about 120 competitors)